Skip to main content

Does Technical degree and Certificates matter for IT companies??

 This Question raises in my mind every time before my interview. And why so? hmm😐, this is very interesting fact  as I do not have any technical degree like B.TECH, B.E, MCA. As I have PG diploma in computers and 6 month embedded training certificate only. Each and every HR calls me and ask like what is your education qualification, "Harpreet can you tell me what is your Degree"?? Very first time I was hesitating to tell as I have done Bachelor's of Arts in Graduation. HR listened and tell me their company can not hire me as per their opinion only B.TECH students can crack their technical round. But My previous company's HR given me a chance to prove myself I cracked their technical round. 
They didn't judge me by my education qualification. I got golden opportunity to prove wrong these HRs who told me to take admission for technical degree. Yes, I proved them wrong by done wonderful work with previous firm. I have enough confidence to give competition. This thing is possible because of my skill set. I have done lot of hard work to get chance in MNC. Yes one more important thing which I want to mention here is your skill. If you have good skill set then no body can stop you by saying "sorry our technical round only B.TECH students can crack". Degree doesn't matter if your are technically sound. 

Comments